- Utah native and as such, I understand the Utah market.
- Tested and passed the Utah State insurance exam and was licensed
December 8, 1982.
- Incorporated and formed Ryan P. Thorn Insurance Planning, Inc. in
- Currently serves more than 60 employer companies as their insurance
- Licensed agent for several insurance companies including Regence
Blue Cross/Blue Shield, SelectHealth, United HealthCare, Altius, Aetna, Humana, Dental
Select, B.E.S.T. Life, Brokers National, Delta Dental and others. (Providing the way for
employers to select the insurance company and benefits which best fits their needs.)
- Currently serve on the National Association of Health Underwriters
(NAHU) Education Foundation. I also serve on the NAHU New Agents Advisory Group and also
the NAHU Errors & Omissions task force. I served as the Region VII Vice-President for
(NAHU) from 2005-2007 and is a Past President of the Utah Association of Health
Underwriters (UAHU). Is involved and
abreast of new and pending legislation which affect the health care industry.
- Served as Liaison between UAHU (insurance agents association) and
the Utah State Department of Insurance. Additionally
served on the Think Tank Committee and the Small Employer Committee on the Department of
- Is endorsed by the oldest and largest construction association in
Utah (AGC) and provides special programs for members of the AGC.
- Special Designations and Recognitions:
- 2005-2006 UAHU "Lifetime Achievement Award" recipient from
the State of Utah. This honor recognizes one agent in Utah each year for their years of
service to the industry.
- 2002-2003 UAHU Health Underwriter of the Year -- highest award given to a Utah Health
- 2001 "NAHU State Legislative Achievement Award". One
of five awards given Nationally to an insurance agent.
- MHIS - Master Health Insurance Specialist. Recognized by peers in
the insurance industry as one who has met a higher standard of qualifications, production
and service to his clients.
- LPRT President's Council - Leading Producers Round Table. This award
is presented each year by the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and
requires a higher level of production.
- I believe .... in working for and in behalf of my client to always
do what is in their best interest and provide them with help and service they deserve.
- I believe .... in maintaining strong relationships with the
insurance companies I represent and to make every effort to provide a win/win relationship
between the client and the insurance carrier.
- I believe .... in total honest and ethical behavior and would hope
those I work with have these same standards.
- I believe .... that America has the best health care in the world
and yet realizes that certain reform must take place to continue with affordable, quality
health care. I am active in being part of this process.
- Adheres to and upholds the Professional Agents Code of Ethics, which
are as follows:
- Hold the selling, servicing and distribution of all employee benefit
plans as a professional and a public trust and do all in my power to maintain the prestige
of our profession and my fellow agent.
- Keep the needs of those whom I serve paramount.
- Respect my client's trust in me, and never do anything which would
betray that trust or confidence.
- Give all service possible when service is needed or requested.
- Present policies factually and accurately - providing all
information necessary for proper and sound decision making and the issuance of quality
insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- Use no advertising which may be false or misleading.
- Consider the sale of employee benefit plans as a career, know and
abide by the insurance laws of my state, and seek constantly through study to increase my
knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my client.
- Be fair and just to my competitor, and engage in no practice which
might reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- Treat prospects, clients, and companies fairly by submitting
applications which reveal all available information pertinent to the underwriting of a
- Be loyal to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and
the company or companies whose products I represent.
- Compete fairly and honorably and in a manner that will be respected
by your fellow agent and the companies you represent.
- Earn your respect by earning your business.
- DO RIGHT VOLUNTARILY.