|April 27, 2009
some facts & statistics why our healthcare costs are increasing.
1. In 2007, healthcare spending reached $2.3 trillion and projected to reach $4.2
trillion by 2016
2. New technology accounts for more than 1/2 of the rise in healthcare spending for the
past 3 years.
3. Physician services projected to increase 19% between 2002 & 2010. Hospital
care projected in to increase 21% during the same period
4. Obesity rates have doubled in past 30 years.
5. Prescription drug costs continue to increase at alarming rates
6. More than 75% of employer's healthcare costs are related to lifestyle choices
We all need to take a hard look at our own healthcare within
our families to make sure we are not contributing to these factors. For more
details call Ryan at 801-254-4477 or 1-888-254-0494.